I love to make (and eat) blondies. They are definitely my most popular bake and always go down a storm in this house. But anyone who has attempting to make blondies before will know they can be extremely temperamental. So often they come out of the oven looking perfect but when you slice in they are over OR under baked. It has taken quite a few iterations but I have finally cracked it. This recipe is my fail safe blondie recipe and if you follow it you will have perfectly fudgy blondies every damn time. It is also super versatile. You can leave out the raspberry cheesecake part if that’s not your thing. You can go wild and add in some other elements you fancy. Do what you want! As long as you follow the basic blondie mix recipe below you can’t go wrong.
Brown Butter & Raspberry Cheesecake Blondies
- 170 g Butter
- 225 g Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 180 g Plain Flour
- 30 g Cornflour
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 50 g Raspberry Jam (seedless)
- 120 g Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 55 g Caster Sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (160 C Fan)
- Grease and line an 8”x 8” baking tin
- Melt your butter in a pan over low-medium heat. Once melted leave it on the heat for another approx. 5mins, stirring regularly, until it turns a darker amber colour (do not take your eyes off it as it can quickly burn if you take it too far!)
- Pour your melted brown butter into a mixing bowl with the brown sugar and gently whisk together.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add 2tsp vanilla extract, 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk. Whisk to combine fully.
- Sieve your flour and cornflour into a separate bowl. Stir in your flour to the wet mix gently in several batches, making sure it is fully combined.
- If using a bar, chop your white chocolate into chunks and stir into the mix to evenly distribute.
Raspberry Cheesecake Mix
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your cream cheese, caster sugar, 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp vanilla extract until combined and has a smooth creamy texture.
- Heat the raspberry jam for 10 secs in the microwave to loosen it up.
Assembly and baking time
- Pour 2/3 Blondie mix into your lined tin in an even layer
- Pour the cheesecake mix, raspberry jam and remaining blondie mix on top and swirl through as evenly as you can (don’t push the cheesecake and jam down to the bottom as it may burn!
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden at the edges and no longer jiggly when you shake the tin (it takes closer to 30 mins in my oven but keep an eye on them from 25 as every oven is different!)
- Cool completely before slicing (I like to leave mine in the fridge for a few hours to harden as it makes it much easier to geta clean slice!)
If you’re looking for more easy bake recipes, check out my Brownie recipe
Enjoying Keeva Eats? Sign up to our newsletter below!
Leave a Reply