Do you love granola? Same!
However as someone with a nut allergy I find it difficult to source great tasting granola that isn’t full of nuts OR packed full of sugar. Most allergen free granola lacks flavour and texture, or overcompensates with lots of sweeteners, so I decided to come up with my own granola recipe which is the best of both worlds.
This recipe is super simple, doesn’t require any weird or wonderful ingredients and will sort your breakfast for a week.
It is also incredibly versatile. I have chosen my own favourite flavours for this recipe (why wouldn’t I want to be transported to a tropical island with a Pina Colada in hand every day of the working week??) but you can throw in your own favourite dried fruits and seeds to make it your own.
This granola recipe is also a healthy alternative to store bought, we use only natural sugars here and no additional additives. This granola is delicious, filling AND good for you!
I promise once you make your own granola you will never buy the premade stuff again!
Pina Colada, Nut Free Granola
- 300 g oats I prefer jumbo oats for this!
- 50 g coconut oil, melted
- 100 g maple syrup
- 50 g honey
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds I prefer black but that's mostly just for the colour!
- 2 tbsp granola seasoning I use Just Spices BUT you can make your own uses spices you enjoy if you prefer
- 150 g dried tropical fruit I got a few mixed bags of banana chips, mango, papaya, pineapple & coconut
- Preheat your oven to 160c fan
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and mix in the maple syrup and honey into the mixture
- Add the oats to a baking try and add the pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and granola seasoning, stir through
- Pour the warm syrup over the oats and stir together to coat evenly
- Bake in the oven for 22 mins, giving a mix half way through baking to evenly cook on all sides
- Once cooled, stir in the dried fruit and coconut
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!